Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nothing more than...

It’s underwhelmingly amazing how my feelings will accurately tell me what’s going on in my life. I’ve been feeling disconnected and apathetic in my faith and upon examining said life, I find that this is exactly how I’ve been acting. I have been skipping church and prayer and quiet time, and I feel it. As soon as I pray to invite God into my day and start back up where I left off in the bible (Hezekiah’s revival) I start to feel better. It’s not the long-term, everything-is-where-it-should-be kind of better, but it’s a start.

It’s like my diet. That has been off track as well. Regardless of what I know intellectually, the junk food still looked good and working out sounded like work. But I started back at the gym this week and I feel less like a slug, even though I haven’t started losing weight again, the feeling better is back already, except for my sore legs and butt). Like what Paul said, whenever he seeks to do good, evil is right there with him. I know this is a petty comparison, but it’s accurate. Whenever I seek to eat well, the junk food cravings are right there with me. Whenever I seek to get fit, laziness is right there with me. It’s true in the small things that dog us as much as it is the big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment